(English text below in blue)

Un pasteur protestant qui parcourt divers chemins de pèlerinage à travers l'Europe...
(pour les messages précédents, voir sous "blog archive" en bas à droite - en rouge)

(ENGLISH TEXT IN BLUE throughout this blog)

A protestant pastor hikes different pilgrim paths across Europe...
(for previous posts, check the "blog archive" on the lower right - in red)


Sunday, August 28, 2016

Jougne - Pontarlier

Dimanche 28 août 2016
Ma première étape 100% française. Un supermarché ouvert me permet d'acheter le pique-nique.  Puis je suis les conseils de Francis, chez qui je passerai bientôt, de longer la voie d'un petit chemin de fer en rénovation. C'est plus direct et souvent à l'ombre. 
1er inconvénient: il faut souvent marcher sur les cailloux du ballast. Sans mes gros souliers de trekking je n'y serais pas arrivé.  Ils ont retenu mes pieds, prévenant l'entorse, à de nombreux endroits... Je ne me plaindrai plus de leur poids!
2e inconvénient: difficile de trouver de l'eau... et à cette saison, c'est un vrai problème.  Je vois qq maisons et décide d'aller "quemander" de l'eau.
Ce qui donne une très chouette rencontre avec Christian et Elisa, chez qui je passe une heure! Elle écoutait la messe à la télé. Quand je lui ai demandé ce que le Seigneur lui disait ce matin, elle a répondu que l'évangile du jour disait d'accueillir ceux qui ne peuvent pas nous rendre la pareille. .. et que je lui permettais de mettre ça en pratique tout de suite!
Je dois encore demander de l'eau à Fontaine Ronde (ou la fontaine ne coule pas). Un train est arrêté là pour servir le repas; quand je demande si je peux acheter de l'eau,  on m'offre 1,5 litre d'eau fraîche,  gratis! Merci Seigneur!
Puis passage par le Fort de Joux (belle grimpette!) avant d'arriver à Pontarlier, où je dormirai à l'hôtel puisque l'auberge de jeunesse est fermée le dimanche...

Sunday 28 Aug 2016
My first day 100% French. An open supermarket allows me to buy today's picnic. Then I follow the advice of Francis, with whom I'll be staying soon, to follow the little tourist railway, which is a more direct route and often in the shade.
1st difficulty: you often have to walk on the rocks of the ballast. Without my big hiking boots I wouldn't have made it. They kept my feet from twisting too far, preventing a sprint ankle numerous times. .. I won't complain again that they weigh too much! 
2nd difficulty: it's hard to find water... and at this season, that's a real problem. I see a few houses and décide to go ask (beg? ) for some water...   
Which brings about a very nice encounter with Christian and Elisa,  who host me for an hour! She was listening to Mass on TV. When I ask her what the Lord is saying to her this morning, she answers that today's Gospel tells us to welcome those who cannot render. .. and that I'm allowing her to put that into practice right away!
I have to ask for water again at Fontaine Ronde ("Round Fountain"... where no water is flowing). A train is stopped there to serve lunch to the passengers; when I ask if I can buy some water, they offer me 1.5 litres of cold water, free! Thank you, Lord!
After several km in the woods, I follow the trail up (steep climb) to the   Fort de Joux (fortress) before arriving in Pontarlier, where I have to take a hotel since the youth hostel is closed on Sunday... 

No comments:

Post a Comment