(English text below in blue)

Un pasteur protestant qui parcourt divers chemins de pèlerinage à travers l'Europe...
(pour les messages précédents, voir sous "blog archive" en bas à droite - en rouge)

(ENGLISH TEXT IN BLUE throughout this blog)

A protestant pastor hikes different pilgrim paths across Europe...
(for previous posts, check the "blog archive" on the lower right - in red)


Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Konstanz / Constance

   Me voici à Constance, point de départ de la VFL, apres près de 4 heures en train depuis Sion...
   Le premier défi, c'est la langue: mon allemand est assez limité... surtout depuis que je l'ai quasi abandonné en faveur de marches en Italie. Ça va être du sport!
   Passage à la Cathédrale (Münster) : j'y fais tamponner ma crédenciale (Pilgerpass)... L'homme à l'accueil connaît seulement le "Jakobsweg" (chemin de Compstelle) et la coquille St-Jacques "domine" le tampon (Stempel). La VFL semble inconnue ici ... Je lui donne ma carte AIVF.
   Après env. 1 heure de recherches, je trouve enfin mon gîte, dans une petite ruelle que même le policier du coin ne connaissait pas... Pas le luxe, mais je suis content d'avoir une chambre.

   Here I am in Konstanz (Constance), just over the Swiss border in Germany, after almost 4 hours by train from Sion... This is the "official" point of departure for the VFL.
   My first challenge is the language: my German is rusty and limited... especially since I basically abandoned it in favor of hikes in Italy. It's going to be tough!
   I visit the Cathedral (Münster), where I get the first stamp in my "Pilgerpass" (pilgrim passport or "credenciale"). The man at the reception knows only the "Jakobsweg" (Camino de Santiago), and the mussel shell "dominates" the Stempel (stamp). He has never heard of the VFL... I give him my AIVF card.
   After about an hour of searching, I finally find my lodging, in a tiny lane that even the local policeman had never heard of... Not luxurious, but I'm glad to have a room.

No comments:

Post a Comment