(English text below in blue)

Un pasteur protestant qui parcourt divers chemins de pèlerinage à travers l'Europe...
(pour les messages précédents, voir sous "blog archive" en bas à droite - en rouge)

(ENGLISH TEXT IN BLUE throughout this blog)

A protestant pastor hikes different pilgrim paths across Europe...
(for previous posts, check the "blog archive" on the lower right - in red)


Monday, August 29, 2016

Pontarlier - Aubonne (France)

Lundi 29 août 2016

Premier grand défi ce matin: adapter mon téléphone portable pour la France. Malgré l'aide d'un employé de la Poste très sympa, il m'a fallu plus d'une heure pour tout régler! Mais ça a l'air de marcher... J'ai aussi profité de la Poste pour renvoyer 2 livres à la maison... comme je vais en recevoir un en poste restante ce soir.
A la sortie de Pontarlier, je vois enfin des flèches blanches qui indiquent la VF vers Cantorbéry, ce qui me rassure pour la suite!
Mais à mi étape, entre prés et forêt, je me perds: 3 chemins et aucune balise... Je perds 20 minutes et l'énergie dépensée pour grimper en haut d'une colline... pour devoir redescendre.
Je passe à côté de Dommartin (PAS "mon" village dans le Gros-de-Vaud!) puis je finis l'étape à Aubonne (PAS le village de la côte vaudoise), où Francis, passionné de l'histoire et de la VF,  vient me chercher pour m'amener chez lui et voir ensemble le meilleur itinéraire pour la suite. Une chouette soirée, avec un bon repas et une bonne bouteille!

Monday 29 Aug 2016

First big challenge today: adapt my cell phone for France. Even with the help of a friendly postal employee, it took me an hour to set things up properly!  But it seems to be working... While at the post office, I also sent home a couple of books... since I'll be receiving one this evening at Francis' house.
Leaving Pontarlier,  I finally see the white arrows which indicate the VF towards Canterbury, which reassures me for the rest of the trip!
But about halfway through the stage, between pastures and forest,  I get lost: 3 possible directions (trails) and no trail marker...  I lose 20 minutes and the energy spent hiking up a hill... just to have to come back down again...
I pass close to Dommartin (NOT "my"  village in the Gros-de-Vaud), then finish today's stage in Aubonne (NOT the village of La Côte in the canton of Vaud), where Francis, fan of history and of the VF, comes to get me to bring me to his home, where we'll discuss the best itinerary for the next days. A great evening, with an excellent meal and a fine bottle of wine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment