(English text below in blue)

Un pasteur protestant qui parcourt divers chemins de pèlerinage à travers l'Europe...
(pour les messages précédents, voir sous "blog archive" en bas à droite - en rouge)

(ENGLISH TEXT IN BLUE throughout this blog)

A protestant pastor hikes different pilgrim paths across Europe...
(for previous posts, check the "blog archive" on the lower right - in red)


Thursday, September 28, 2017

28 Sept. : Lesboeufs -- Ervillers : 17 km (288 km total)

   Odile me ramène à Lesboeufs ce matin, au village où je me suis arrêté hier. De là j'emprunte comme d'habitude de petites routes où je croise plus de véhicules agricoles que de voitures...
   Je retrouve le GR 145 près d'un cimetière militaire britannique (il y a en a un dans quasi un village sur deux par ici...), et peux aller presque en ligne directe à Bapaume.
   Là, l'OT me donne de bonnes nouvelles: je peux prendre un bus cet après-midi à Ervillers pour rentrer dormir chez Odile à Bapaume... et il y en a un autre pour me ramener à Ervillers demain matin pour l'étape jusqu'à Arras. Comme ça, pas de "triche" mais des étapes plus adaptées à mes limites actuelles. 
   Rencontre ce matin sur un chemin agricole avec un jeune homme de 80 ans qui marche 10 km par jour pour garder la forme... et ça marche ! Un bel exemple que j'espère pouvoir suivre...

   Odile drives me back this morning to Lesboeufs, the village where I stopped walking yesterday. From there, I walk along liitle roads where I meet more farm vehicles than cars...
   I rejoin the GR 145 near another British war cemetery (there's one in almost every other village here...), and from there it's almost a straight line to Bapaume.
    The Tourist Office there has good news for me: there's a bus I can take this afternoon to come back for the night at Odile's house in Bapaume... and another bus tomorrow morning that will take me back to Ervillers for the stage to Arras. That way, no "cheating" but stages more adapted to my current limits.
   This morning on a farm road I met a young man of 80 years old who walks 10 km every day to stay in shape... and it works! A fine example which I hope to follow...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment