(English text below in blue)

Un pasteur protestant qui parcourt divers chemins de pèlerinage à travers l'Europe...
(pour les messages précédents, voir sous "blog archive" en bas à droite - en rouge)

(ENGLISH TEXT IN BLUE throughout this blog)

A protestant pastor hikes different pilgrim paths across Europe...
(for previous posts, check the "blog archive" on the lower right - in red)


Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Bar-sur-Aube -- Unienville

Mardi 13 sept 2016

Une étape qui commence sous la pluie (merci aux jardiniers de la ville pour la photo!) puis deviendra ensoleillée, même très chaude (34°).

Chouettes rencontres avec Francine,  qui m'invite à prendre le café chez elle après mon pique-nique,  puis avec Pierre, qui m'offre du jus d'orange et beaucoup de partage spirituel. Il m'invite à écrire mes intentions de prière dans le cahier à l'église en face; ce sera repris dans les prières des gens d'ici. Je le fais volontiers.

Un monument me rappelle que ces terres ont été envahies en 1940... Certains ici doivent avoir connu ça...

Rencontre enfin avec un paysan qui descend de son tracteur et me parle de ses difficultés: ils espéraient une année "record"... ça risque d'être la pire depuis longtemps, à cause de la sécheresse... Il mise sur le chanvre, difficile à récolter mais très demandé ici pour l'industrie.

Juste avant la fin de l'étape, je passe par "L'Autre Monde"; je l'avais imaginé autrement...
Nuitée tout seul dans un gîte de groupe à Unienville, petit village sans commerce, sans wifi... Je me fais un repas simple, tiré du sac...

Tuesday 13 Sept 2016

The day starts with rain (thanks to the city gardeners for the photo!), then gets progressively sunny, even hot (34°C = 93°F).

Nice encounters with Francine, who invites me for coffee at her house after my picnic, then with Pierre, who offers me orange juice and lots of spiritual sharing. He invites me to note my prayer intentions in a notebook in the church across the street; local people will join in prayer for those intentions. I gladly note my prayer topics in their notebook.

A monument by the roadside reminds me that this area was invaded in 1940... Some folks here lived through that...

Near the end of the day, I talk with a farmer who steps down from his tractor and speaks of his troubles: they were hoping for a "record" year... It may be the worst in a very long time, due to the lack of rain... He's counting on hemp (chanvre), difficult to harvest but in demand here for industry.  

Just before the end of the stage, I pass through "L'Autre Monde" (the other world); somehow I imagined it differently...

An evening alone in the group hostel in Unienville, little village with no stores or café, no wifi ... I make myself a simple meal, with what I've brought in my backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment