(English text below in blue)

Un pasteur protestant qui parcourt divers chemins de pèlerinage à travers l'Europe...
(pour les messages précédents, voir sous "blog archive" en bas à droite - en rouge)

(ENGLISH TEXT IN BLUE throughout this blog)

A protestant pastor hikes different pilgrim paths across Europe...
(for previous posts, check the "blog archive" on the lower right - in red)


Thursday, September 8, 2016

Chalindrey -- Langres

Mercredi 7 sept 2016

Comme Chalindrey n'est pas directement sur la VF, il faut marcher au bord de la route aujourd'hui... comme j'ai souvent dû faire, même sur la VF des guides/cartes à ma disposition.  Ce matin, c'est une route où ça roule fort...

On voit déjà au loin la ville fortifiée de Langres. En y arrivant, je me fait couper les cheveux et tailler la barbe; c'était le moment!  Puis je m'installe au Presbytère,  près de la cathédrale,  où je suis accueilli pour 2 nuits: j'ai besoin d'un nouveau jour de repos, avant une autre longue étape.

Au Presbytère, rencontre avec Maria + Günther, pèlerins cyclistes sur le chemin de Compostelle, qui ont besoin d'un interprète. Tant que ça reste simple, je suis content de pouvoir aider. Pour finir, ils m'invitent au resto pour me remercier de mon aide... et on parle allemand toute la soirée! 


Wednesday 7 Sept 2016

Since Chalindrey is not directly on the VF, I have to walk along the road today... as I have often had to do, even on the VF presented in my guidebooks/maps. This morning, the traffic is moving fast...

I can already see in the distance the walled city of Langres. On the way in, I get my hair cut and beard trimmed: it was about time! Then I settle in at the Presbytère, near the cathedral, where I'll be staying 2 nights: I need another rest day, before another long stage.

At the Presbytère, I meet Maria + Günther, pilgrim cyclists on the Way to Compostela, who need a translator. As long as the conversation stays simple, I'm glad to help out. In the end, they invite me to dinner and we speak German all evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment